The Cortegana Bullring, built in 1854, is considered to be one of the oldest in Spain. It is situated in the “Peñalta” neighbourhood, one of the higher areas of the town, opposite the Castle hill.
It is a circular building, constructed of stone masonry and reinforced with strong buttresses, visible on the inside. It has two retaining walls and a stone filling which constitutes its seating stands. An alley was added between these and the arena in the remodelling that took place in 2012, recovering its former splendour and beauty.
Previously booked in the Visitors’ Centre, with a minimum group of 8-10 people, the visits take place on Sundays at 13.00.
Avenida de las Minas Nº 15. 21230 Cortegana-Huelva